- Treate everyone fairly regardless of gneder, ethnic background, colour, sexual orientation, religion, political belief or economic status.
- Ensure my comments are constructively directed at performance rather than a person.
- Display high personal standards and project a favourable image of the sport.
- Not publicly critize other coaches.
- Discourage the use of drugs, alcohol and tobacco in conjunction with sport.
- Create a safe environment for activities including ensuring the activity is suitable for the age, experience, ability and fitness level of the participants.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or other offensive language and gestures.
- Cooperate and defer to other professionals regarding the management of the athletes' health and well-being.
- Understand athletes' goals and recognize and resolve any conflicts that arise in regard to the program's goals.
- Be prepared to use other sports professionals when necessary and available.
- Regularly seek opportunities to increase professional development.
- Treat opponents and officials with respect and encourage athletes to do likewise.
- Cooperate with athletes' parents and legal guardians.
- Balance activities with an understanding of academic pressures to allow athletes' academic success.