Grades 1 - 5 - No Evaluations, your coach will contact you directly, late September.
Clinics for Grade 1 and 2 will be on Fridays.
Games for Grade 3 - 7 will be on Fridays.
Games for Grade 8 will be on Thursdays.
Games for Grade 9 Boys will be on Wednesdays.
Games for Grade 10 - 12 Boys will be on Thursdays.
Games for Grade 9 -12 Girls will be on Thursdays.
ALL GAME DAYS TO BE CONFIRMED
All KMBA teams will be assigned one, one hour practice time, per week, for the duration of the season. Individual coaches will select their preferred practice nights, locations and times from available gym times. All practices for all teams will be held on week nights only. There are no practices or games scheduled for Saturdays and Sundays ( except for the mid-season optional tournament, more info to follow ).
Players will not know when / where their practice night / location / time will be until the coach of their assigned team contacts them to confirm. Our goal is to have all coaches in place and all players assigned to teams by no later then September 27th.
Steve Nash League Team Selection
Steve Nash Teams Grades 1 - 5 are chosen based on Grade / School / Area / Geography.
Each grade will be a division organized by grade.
Grade 6 - 12 Team Selection
There will be Legends style evaluations for Grades 6 - 12.
Players in Grades 6 - 12 are selected to teams in a draft to create balanced teams, no switching teams.
Players will practice / play somewhere within the Kelowna area.
There will be an optional tournament for all grades - In November
More info to follow.
Players seeking Financial Assistance should contact Loraine at: email@example.com
REVISED REFUND POLICY is as follows:
Grades 1 - 5
Full Refund [ Less $10 ] given up to the start of first game (and upon return of ball/uniform/shorts).
NO REFUND after the First game.
Grades 6 - 12
Full Refund (less $10 admin fee) prior to evaluations.
Full Refund [ Less $50 ] given up to the start of First game.
NO REFUND after the First game.
NASH LEAGUE REGISTRATION NOTES
Full refunds will be offered in each division if the registrar has been notified up to the day before each scheduled evaluation night. Players may withdraw on evaluation night and a full refund will be issued so long as the player or parent/guardian is present at the applicable gym to let the convener know in person. Should a player withdraw from Nash after the evaluation nights, up to the start of first game, the total cost will be $60. No refund after first game. There will also be a $25 late registration fee for any player who registers and is placed on a team after the evaluation nights.
Due to the RAMP registration costs a $10.00 fee will not be refunded.
Kelowna Minor Basketball General Information
For Grades 6 - 12
1. All players MUST be at Draft Camp: Players who do not show will be replaced by late / wait-listed registrants who are present. Parents of sick registrants must attend the Draft Camp and provide oral information on their child to the selection panel. Evaluation Dates and Times TBA
2. Game night will be announced at the Draft Camp before the camp begins (if not before).
3. Withdraw Rules: People who wish to withdraw prior to the start of draft camp can do so with a 100% refund. Should a player withdraw after the evaluation nights, the total cost will be $60. After two games the cost is 50% of the total fees paid. No refund after three games. There will also be a $25 late registration fee for any player who registers after the evaluation nights Due to the RAMP registration costs a $10.00 fee will not be refunded.
4. Players are expected to be at practice in order for their team to improve. Unwarranted absences from practice may be subject to a reduction in play time. Coaches expect prior notification of missed practices.
5. All players must conform to expected guidelines concerning behavior as displayed on our website (Players Code of Conduct÷ www.kelownamba.com
6. 1. The coaches and conveners must be more selective at evaluations.
2. We have allowed 11 players per team in the past to accommodate the total # of players registered in a division. Once we need to go to 12 per team that is when we have looked to add another team. We do not want a team to have 11 that includes play ups. Trying to define our first criteria for allowing play ups which is ( if there is room in the higher division
3. Alternately, if a higher division team is not full, remaining playups won't be used to fill the spots unless they are truly capable. This decision is made by the majority of coaches present on each evaluation night.
4. Coaches with their own kids in a playup situation can create difficulty for conveners to confirm their coaching list. The coach should communicate this with the convener of both divisions before evaluations.
5. All players requesting to be considered to play up (1 division only is allowed), MUST show up at the evaluation of the higher division, or they will not be approved to play up.
6. Players and parents cannot request special placement (being with friends, being with a special coach, car pooling, etc.)
7. Parents will abide by the KMBA (Parent Code of Conduct÷ and (Zero Tolerance Policy÷, both as displayed on our website.
8. The KMBA reserves the right to release any player or coach from the KMBA.
9. We expect players, coaches, and parents to refrain from any form of criticism directed toward officials, coaches or other players. A positive approach to all circumstances is the example we want to set in our league.
10. Each player is expected to provide their own basketball, gym strip and indoor running shoes for evaluations.
If you have any questions regarding registration please direct them to Coach Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org , or you can call him directly at 250 - 764 - 6358